Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Little Red Wagon


When I saw the word of the week, "eye glasses", several ideas played through my head. I thought of several play on words and other ideas, but none seemed to be my style. I thought of having someone running around with flight goggles, but I had already done flight ideas two times in a row, so I thought I should branch out.

However, the flight idea did give my another idea. I have very fond memories of me and my sister flying down my grandparents hill in Grandpa's little red wagon. Our safest hill we decided was one where, at the bottom of the hill we had to turn sharply to avoid going through Grandma's beautiful flower beds. We thought that we would just stop after the flower beds (7 and 8 year olds do not have much of a grasp on physics). Physics still apply to kids, thankfully just past the flower beds was a bed of ivy and a fence blocking a steep hill. A bed of ivy does wonders at stopping a little red wagon, and when the ivy didn't work the fence always did.

After our afternoon of fun, we looked back at Grandma's beautiful flower beds. Our 7 and 8 year old intentions of avoiding the flower beds had failed miserably. We brilliantly thought to fluff the flowers back up to where they looked a little less run over. After much fluffing and leaning we went in for dinner thinking we were brilliant masterminds. Grandma never said a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment